Things to Do in the Smoky Mountains Near Bryson City, NC
There's plenty to do in the area
ABOUT BRYSON CITY
Bryson City, NC in the Smoky Mountains is a small town with a surprising variety of restaurants and shopping. Take an afternoon to stroll the streets in search of your favorite ice cream, made-from-scratch cupcakes or chocolates; browse through a bookstore or two; explore the art studios, crafts, gift and antique shops; or just sit on a bench and watch the world go by.
And when your tummy rumbles, you'll find a number of dining options: steaks, buffalo burgers, Cuban sandwiches, seafood platters, pastas, pizzas, Mexican food, local trout, quiches, fish and chips …well, you name it.
We've even got an award-winning craft brewery in town - you can catch some live music or the big game while enjoying a brew.
A SAMPLING OF NEARBY THINGS TO DO
• Ride the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad & visit their Train Museum
• Go whitewater rafting on the Nantahala River
• Go tubing right here in Deep Creek
• Mountain bike the famous Tsali Trails
• Fish a mountain stream for trout, try the Delayed Harvest section of the Tuckasegee River in downtown Bryson City, or fish for bass in Fontana Lake - with a guide or on your own
• Take a pontoon boat ride
• Try your hand a gem mining
• Paddle board on the Tuckasegee River or Fontana Lake
• Shop Local in Bryson City
• Visit the Mountain Farm Museum and Mingus Mill, as well as Newfound Gap and Clingman's Dome at the top of the Smokies in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
• See the sights from a zip line
• Visit a Cherokee Indian Village
• Watch the outdoor drama "Unto These Hills"
• Try your luck or catch a show at Harrah's Cherokee Casino
• Visit the Fly Fishing Museum of the Southern Appalachians in Cherokee
• Travel the Blue Ridge Parkway
And just an easy drive away ...
• Visit the Biltmore Estate
• Catch an Asheville Tourists Game (Class A)
• Visit the Stecoah Gallery (music in the summer)
• See Fontana Dam
• Drive the Cherohala Skyway
• Travel to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge for a beautiful drive through the National Park - about 1.5 hrs.
We will take care of your horse or horses for you while you take in some of the other activities that are here to enjoy in the area - no extra charge!
Close Sunday, October 20, 2019
DEEP CREEK HORSE CAMP
Check Out no later than 12 noon. Check In after 12 noon.
NOTE: Make checks payable to James Clark. Non-refundable deposit is required.